Purpose Statement

The purpose of this blog is to openly discuss things most people think about but are afraid to talk about. At times the content may be offensive to some but is not intended to insult or embarass. Personal stories or experience will be clearly stated; please don't assume the blogger is always sharing a personal story. She is always sharing her naked thoughts with blunt honesty, talking about what some are afriad of or embarrassed by. The blogger is also interested in giving honest and blunt advice based on her impression and experience so please feel free to message or comment her with a question if you desire an honest answer, even if it may sting.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Crazy Love

I've dated a lot of freaks and jerks; and spent far too much time worrying about those idiots liking me and wasting time.  Four and a half years ago I met someone different.  He was very kind, friendly, social, talkative, genuine, and cute.  He wasn't a recent felon or parole, he wasn't married, and didn't have a 6 week baby at home...or his "baby mama's" home where he still lived...yep been there dated that.  But most importantly this man was extremely funny and always able to make me laugh.

His name is Dave and 1 1/2 years ago we got married!  Despite the little annoyances I have with him; I mean really...we are all annoyed but at least one thing our spouse/SO does; the man is hilarious.   He always has these one-liners that would just crack me up...for example he likes to announce "what a great day with friends" after an outing or night at the bar; "Im kinda  a big deal" and "people know me" these hilarious and random things he'd say...which I thought were so original...until I watched "Anchorman" with him and realized that half of his one liners were directly taken from this movie.  He also says things at random times such as "i love your curves", "I love how you're put together", and "you don't know how badly I need this".  Yes my husbands one liners are random, sometimes at inappropriate times, but always manage to make me smile.

My husband also has some highly dangers habits that drive me crazy and make "driving with him" a crazy experience.  He does not check his blind spot before he switches lanes, he likes to ride the lines, he has a habit of playing with his phone...not texting but twirling it in his hands while driving, he tries to look at the scenery...while driving, he never looks up directions anywhere before we go so we end up driving around until he figures it out, and he has some sort of chronic addiction to hitting potholes and getting flat tires (that goodness we have AAA), and locking his keys in his car.  Yes being in an automobile with my husband as a passenger is a crazy and sometimes a down right heart stopping experience.

My husband does not actually make plans.  Oh he tells me he does, but it is a big fib.  For example, he is known for planning a dinner out but not actually picking a restaurant until we've driven by about 15 and I've said, just pick a fricken place already; planning ahead is not a trait of his but makes for some interesting and impromptu dates.

My husband is extraordinarily social and loves to meet new people.  This is nice because I can bring him basically anywhere, high school reunion, weddings, work events, and not worry at all that he'll be bored because I know he'll find several people to talk to.  This does however get a little crazy sometimes.  One night we were at Perkins on our way home from, i think a baseball game, and there is a very drunk and very emotional guy at the booth by us eating by himself...so what does my husband do; invites him to join us.  My husband also likes to talk to strangers and homeless persons on the street; I'm just not so sure that is a safe way to meet people.  But the worst part about it, at least for me, is that the majority of times we go out together, which are few and far between now that we have a baby, I feel like he is on a date with our waitress/waiter and not me because he spends more time talking to them during our dinner than me...hmmm maybe I'm boring?

My husband loves....LOVES the library.  Its a little odd, I'm sure he spends time talking to random people there, but at least I know our daughter will be exposed to a lot of books and literature!

My husband also loves our bonfire pit.  He really enjoys putting large pieces of brush and wood into the 3 foot diameter pit...without cutting it or making sure it will fit within the stone bricks...this also makes for interesting bonfire experiences; and no grass growth within approximately 3 feet of our pit.

My husband enjoys to cook and is particularly fond of our Rachael Ray cookbooks.  However; if he can't find an ingredient, and lets admit it - she uses some odd ones, he just substitutes or leaves it out.  Its great he is adventurous and willing to experiment with cooking;  but when you leave the main ingredient of the dish out or switch it up...it's a little weird.

I could probably go on and on and on about the interesting and crazy things my husband does.  But the main point here is...he keeps our lives really REALLY interesting; he makes me laugh no matter how bad of a day I had or how poor my mood is...he's even been known to make me laugh when I am fuming at him!  Yeah, living with my husband can be a little crazy but hey....that's just one of the reasons I love him...I guess its a Crazy Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave tasteful yet honest comments here. You may also view my full profile to send quesetions you want advice on to my email address.