Purpose Statement

The purpose of this blog is to openly discuss things most people think about but are afraid to talk about. At times the content may be offensive to some but is not intended to insult or embarass. Personal stories or experience will be clearly stated; please don't assume the blogger is always sharing a personal story. She is always sharing her naked thoughts with blunt honesty, talking about what some are afriad of or embarrassed by. The blogger is also interested in giving honest and blunt advice based on her impression and experience so please feel free to message or comment her with a question if you desire an honest answer, even if it may sting.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Can't Fix Stupid

As an ER RN and grad school student there is one thing I've learned over the years that still gets me.  I can't fix stupid; no matter how hard or how often I try!  See awhile back I determined the difference between dumb and stupid; the two are NOT interchangeable.  Dumb people can't help it; their IQ's literally are 70 or below and they are just not capable of being "smart".  Stupid people on the other hand are not necessarily those with low IQ's, but those with no common sense, those that don't think before the speak, those that make bad decisions no matter how many times they've been burned by that same choice or no matter how many bad consequences they KNOW could happen - some people are stupid; and I can't fix that; believe me...I've tried.

2 comments:

  1. I think as a nurse or any professional in any field with adequate training for what they do can see this. I see stupid everyday in various people and it frustrates me to a point that I wonder if I could ever truly enjoy my job. Stupid is some employees. Always am I fixing their mistakes or putting out fires only to hear them bitch about how bad their day is. They can be a DON for one day and see if they see the same stupidity I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kraemer - I too see stupid co-workers which drives me crazy! I was told by management that I need to realize that not all my coworkers have the same knowledge base as myself and don't know everything I know...ok great, I'm not expecting all my co-workers to have grad school education...I DO expect them to be able to tell the difference between a sick patient and a not sick patient, a critical situations and a non-critical situation, and to use their common sense, stay calm and breathe...if you can't do those things you SHOULD NOT be working in an ER

    ReplyDelete

Please leave tasteful yet honest comments here. You may also view my full profile to send quesetions you want advice on to my email address.